Old 12-03-2011, 05:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default slug and snail deterent

On Sat, 12 Mar 2011 11:55:25 +0000, spinksy
wrote:

spinksy;913147 Wrote:
Hi, i have spent over a year developing a simple plastic ring that stops
slugs and snail eating plants in pots, you can cut out the base of the
pot and plant the whole thing out to give protection.please have a look
at my website, 'Keep It Simple Sussex'
(http://www.keepitsimplesussex.co.uk) and if you get time ,let me know
what you think of my invention plz.. many thanks.. spinksy

has anyone seen any slugs or snails about anywhere yet? plz let me know
and what location ,, many thanks... spinksy

Been dealing with slugs for a couple of weeks here in central South
Wales. First snails appeared earlier this week. I have a reliable late
night slug despatch method which involves a small bucket of heavily
salted water and a can of lager (has to be a can as glasses are
difficult to hold at the same time as the bucket handle). Waiting for
the prickly despatch method to arrive - they're late this year.
Thrushes take care of the snails.