Old 12-03-2011, 05:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Seed advice please.

"SaintUpNorth" wrote in message

Hi, I'm a bit of a novice gardener and need some advice.
In brief, to celebrate my parents wedding anniversary we want to 'plant'
there initials in flowers on a nearby grass slope.
So what I need is some advice on what to plant. I'm thinking:-

- Seeds that can be sown rather than having to plant seedlings.

- Seeds that are cheap. The areas quite big.

- An annual we want to return the slope to the owner 'as new'.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

--
SaintUpNorth

What about bulbs? ..... ;-)

Mrs Irene Graham of

Thorpe Avenue
, Boscombe, delighted the audience with her reminiscences of the German
prisoner of war who was sent each week to do her garden. He was repatriated
at the end of 1945, she recalled. "He'd always seemed a nice friendly chap,
but when the crocuses came up in the middle of our lawn in February 1946,
they spelt out 'Heil Hitler.'" (Bournemouth Evening Echo)
--

Mike

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive