Old 12-03-2011, 08:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Seed advice please.

On Sat, 12 Mar 2011 17:18:37 +0000, Jake Nospam@invalid wrote:

May I offer another idea - something I did years ago for one of the
Garden Festivals back in the early 80s.

Whoops. Meant 90s - it was the event at Ebbw Vale. I was given an
impossible budget but achieved something that people were pleased
with. I remember going at the end of the event to recover (because we
had to) the marine ply that was used to create lettering. Some of that
is still holding back the embankment on one side of my garden! Good
stuff is marine ply! Must see if I can dig out a photo somwehere.

Downside of that is that the display had to be red, white and green.
The red was provided by salvias; forget what the white was but the
green was lemon balm. I dug up a few plants to bring home. Big
mistake, still trying to get it out of the garden and lost a few
friends to whom I gave some plants!