Old 13-03-2011, 08:30 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default how to make soil amendments without digging up the yard?

FarmI wrote:
"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

For nitrogen I'd spread 'your friend and mine' - good old blood
and bone.

And you get this from where?, he said with reservations.

I have no idea since I don't live in the US. If I did, I suspect
I'd be looking for it under a different name, like blood meal or
bone meal or somesuch.

I wasn't sure, if that was what you meant, or the inedible remains of
slaughtered animals.

Well I do know people who have very large shredding machine who pick
up roadkill (eg dead roos, wombats etc), shove the roadkill through
the shredder and then throw in either cardboard boxes or hay bales to
clean out the lingering remains. I guess that would achieve a
similar result.

Do they run a soup kitchen?