Old 13-03-2011, 05:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
chris French chris French is offline

Default Hosepipe circumference?

In message , Graham Harrison
writes
I've bought myself a water butt pump to move water between storage
points. The hosepipe I have is from a Hozelock Compact Enclosed Reel
and it's a real struggle to fit it to the pump outlet. I had to
remove the O ring from the pump to get it to go. In the pump kit
there is a piece of piping which seems to be bigger (larger
circumference) than the pipe I have (it runs from the immersed pump up
to the fitment I'm trying to attach to). I've Googled around trying
to find out what pipe circumferences (or should it be diameter or
radius?) exist but I'm not being successful. I'm quite happy to buy a
new piece of hose, I just need to know what to look for. Can anybody help?

Have you makers/model name or a photo of the relevant bit, or can you
describe it?. A direct hosefitting would probably be slightly tapered
and ridge/barbed. If it is threaded it presumably uis meant to take some
sort of fitting?

The mention of an O ring makes me wonder if it is meant to have taken a
pushfit fitting?
--
Chris French