Old 13-03-2011, 10:33 PM posted to rec.gardens
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default Damaged Hedge

On Sun, 13 Mar 2011 18:16:23 +0000, krugar400
wrote:

Hi all, Im looking for some advice and hoping someone here can help.
I chained my bicycle around the trunk of my garden hedge and some
lowlife sawn through the trunk in order to steal my bike. I dont really
care about losing my bike as it was old and not really worth nicking but
now my hedge is damaged. I known nothing about gardening. Can this be
fixed or how do i go about replacing a hedge?
Thanks

With most privet hedges the stump will regrow. In fact with old over
grown hedges with thick trunks folks often cut them back to within a
few inches of the ground... within a couple three years they have a
nice revitalized more managable hedge. I'd concern myself more about
finding who stole your bike and saw his legs off... see how he likes
having stumps.