Old 14-03-2011, 06:41 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
DogDiesel DogDiesel is offline

Default New green tent post.

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
DogDiesel wrote:
I didn't want to hijack the green tent post. So I started this one.
But the thought crossed my mind that it might be possible to have lettuce
all summer if I had a sun shield of some sort.

Anyone think its possible to have lettuce with sun shielding.

Diesel.

I have no idea. Why can't you have lettuce all year now ? What do you
mean by a sun shield and what do you think it will do?

Lettuce bolts from the heat. You cant grow it when its hot. Its spring or
fall only. I got about 1 month of the bomb lettuce. Couldn't eat it all. In
April or May And by June it was bolted.