Old 14-03-2011, 08:35 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
DogDiesel DogDiesel is offline

Default Food taste.

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
DogDiesel wrote:
It dawned on me over a week ago. That I'm really enthused about
gardening this year. . I was stewing on that fact. As to why. And I
hate the yard work, the weeding, bugs, being in the sun. I haven't
been this enthused since I was about 6 years old when they used to
sell those seed kits in school. I don't remember those going well
either. Last year was a mild success. A lot was learned. The main
plot did very well. But I let the little plot get overrun with weeds.

And it finally dawned on me that what food I did get . Was really
really tasty. And that is what I'm looking forward too. I've been
eating grocery store roma tomatoes , and iceberg lettuce so long that
I forgot what veggies were supposed to taste like. As a matter of
fact it was the lettuce, eggplant, and tomatoes that got me good.
People were asking for my stuff. I was on a Thai curry kick last year
and eggplant worked out well.
Is food taste what it is all about.

Diesel.

Wait til you taste a good tree-ripened peach or nectarine, or asparagus
cut 10 minutes ago....

Yea, well, I doubt I will be having those treats anytime soon.