Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
NetMax

Default Tropical plants expirement

"Seba" wrote in message ...
Hi, i'm making a thesis about the fotosyntheses of waterplants. I

wonder,
wich plants would be great to start with. Preferable would be plants

where
you can easely see the differences in grow, health, shortages of some
elements, ....

Some considerations. You want fast growth for the purposes of
comparative measurements (no Anubius). You probably do not want a plant
too dependant on it's roots for nutrition (adds another variable
difficult to control). You want something which permits numerical
observations (counting leaves, spaces between leaves, size of new leaves
etc). If you have a local source, I would suggest some type of an
Anachris or Elodea, but I'm not really a plant person, just an occasional
de-lurker here ;o).

NetMax