Old 15-03-2011, 08:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Garden Cultivator. Any good?

"harry" wrote in message
On Mar 15, 10:37 am, Baz wrote:
Due to a bit of bad health, hopefuly short term, I am looking for ways to
keep the veg garden up to snuff without breaking my back or the bank, or
having others do it for me. I like to till it,sow it, grow it, cook it and
eat it, there is no other way although my cooking is probably a bit basic.
To help me I googled this,

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/l...ndex_18998.htm

I am asking for comments on the product or recommendations on similar
devices.
Baz

Using a cultivator is quicker but still bloody hard work. Don't image
it steers itself, you have to haul it round bends etc.
Also they don't go very deep. I f you have a light soil this may not
matter but in heavy soils it does. Most veg. preferrs free drainage.

I have had two in my time, a Merry Tiller and a Commercial Howard and
considering the statements ""without breaking my back "" and ""but still
bloody hard work"" I would opt for altering something in the ""I like to
till it,sow it, grow it, cook it and eat it."" quote. We all have to alter
things or adapt from time to time. How important is your health to you? You
only get it once ;-)

Mike

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive