Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
Tasslehoff

Default PMDD?

I figured out what I did wrong. The powdered mix only seems to dissolve
properly in very hot water. Now I just use 5ml every other day and add
potassium separately.

"Tasslehoff" wrote in message
u...
The Iron is a complex of EDTA %W/W 13 and my tap ph is 6.5 is that's of

any
help. I also meant flourish iron in my previous post and not the plain
flourish trace.

"Tasslehoff" wrote in message
u...
I made up a demo batch of PMDD last night using 1/4 ts trace mix and 1/4

ts
of iron chelate to 100ml or water but when I added it to my 150l(40G)
aquarium today I used up half the bottle (50ml) getting the iron from
.015ppm towards .1ppm. Is this normal or does it take a while for the

iron
to break down to get a reading. If so have I overdosed or what.

Previously
I was using flourish dosing nearly thrice what was recommended for a

lightly
planted tank. I'm using an UGF at half capacity, and an eheim 2213 with
little surface agitation/oxygenisation. Ta.