Old 16-03-2011, 03:23 PM posted to rec.gardens
mj mj is offline

Default Tulips

On Mar 16, 11:17*am, "David E. Ross" wrote:
On 3/16/11 6:51 AM, mj wrote:

I planted tulip bulbs last fall, although a little later than I
probably should have, and they look healthy but the stem to the flower
is 1/2 an inch long. What gives? This is not the first time I have had
this happen either. Why can't I grow tulips?
MJ

Where are you? *What is your climate?

--
David E. Ross
Climate: *California Mediterranean

Sorry, I should have said. I am in Eastern North Carolina. I have done
a little looking and it seems I should have refrigerated them for 8
weeks before I planted? Seems crazy, I don't think the little local
stores have them in 8 weeks prior.