Old 16-03-2011, 04:00 PM posted to rec.gardens
mj mj is offline

Default Tulips

On Mar 16, 11:53*am, Brooklyn1 Gravesend1 wrote:
mj wrote:

I planted tulip bulbs last fall, although a little later than I
probably should have, and they look healthy but the stem to the flower
is 1/2 an inch long. What gives? This is not the first time I have had
this happen either. Why can't I grow tulips?
MJ

Very likely you planted too deep... give them another year or two...
bulbs will eventually adjust to their proper depth.

I don't think that is it. They are in burried pots that are at most 8
inches deep.