Old 16-03-2011, 06:30 PM posted to rec.gardens
Brooklyn1 Brooklyn1 is offline

Default Tulips

On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 09:00:52 -0700 (PDT), mj
wrote:

On Mar 16, 11:53*am, Brooklyn1 Gravesend1 wrote:
mj wrote:

I planted tulip bulbs last fall, although a little later than I
probably should have, and they look healthy but the stem to the flower
is 1/2 an inch long. What gives? This is not the first time I have had
this happen either. Why can't I grow tulips?
MJ

Very likely you planted too deep... give them another year or two...
bulbs will eventually adjust to their proper depth.

I don't think that is it. They are in burried pots that are at most 8
inches deep.

Why didn't you say that in the first place... you did not plant bulbs,
you planted pots. At the end of your growing season get those bulbs
out of the pots and plant the bulbs directly in the ground.