View Single Post
  #6   Report Post  
Old 17-03-2011, 07:02 PM

First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninak View Post
Thanks for the advice. Seems I will not get to far with most of the bamboos I have. But I will plant them outside in the spring and see how they are getting on anyway. You never know what might work until you try. In the mean time I will look elsewhere for some bamboo plants to use outside that will be more suitable for the climate I am in. Thanks.
Hi, just an update on what worked. It's two and a half years later and the Moso is the only successful plant I managed to grow from the seeds. The falconari did not germinate, along with all the others except the Bambusa textilis and the Moso. The bambusa died in the first winter, but the Moso is doing pretty well. I have two different seedlings and one is about twice as vigorous as the other. They are two years old now and I plan to plant them in the ground this summer. They have been in pots up till now. I am really looking forward to seeing how they do as the bigger of the two is already looking impressive. The severe winter we just had was not a problem for them. They still have their leaves, although they are looking a bit tired. I have a sheltered sunny sight for them so fingers crossed.