Old 17-03-2011, 07:55 PM
lannerman lannerman is offline
Registered User

Location: Lanner. Cornwall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkyardcat View Post
I want to plant more flowers, and I have a shaded area at the front of my
property that could really use some color. Are there any tall flowers out
there that thrive in the shade? Do Cannas only do well in full sun? Even
flowering hedges would do if they're nice and colorful Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Angie
hi junkyardcat, In England, I would be suggesting any of the woodland plants such as Azaleas, Rhododendrons, Pieris, Skimmia, Aucuba, Camellias, Daphne, etc. There are a host of shade loving perennials, Anemone japonica being very useful for late colour !
Lannerman