Old 17-03-2011, 07:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Les Hemmings[_4_] Les Hemmings[_4_] is offline

Default Red sand soils in Paignton

Sacha wrote:

I thought everyone knew that. When I first moved to Devon, I thought
there were a lot of strawberry roans around my home. Then I realised
they'd been lying on/rolling in red Devon mud!

Even the sand on the beach at Paignton & Goodrington stains towels / clothes
red!
Used to take that train to work from Paignton to Exeter & at sunrise those
cliffs through Dawlish etc. glowed! That and their wonderful shapes even
brightened up a Monday morning!

Les