Old 26-02-2003, 02:51 AM
J Kolenovsky

Default power tiller: to get or not to get one

The Honda 1.5 hp, 4 stroke is a dirt devil. That little sucker just runs
and runs. In todays NHG magazine, I noticed they are marketed as
"Vortine" high-performance mini-tillers. They run very clean and the
transmission is solid. Weighs 20 pounds and is a one-hand tota around.
If you live in the greater Houston area, I'll be glad to demo the unit
for you.

pgh wrote:
=

I know this is subjective, but just to get a feeling for things,
could the experienced gardeners among you tell me how large should
your garden be in order to justify buying a powered tiller.
=

I have a bias toward simple things, but I figure at some point
doing things by hand is just too much.
=

Please, shower me with your opinions!

-- =