Old 19-03-2011, 12:39 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default OFF TOPIC Big Brother and the net

In article
,
Gunner wrote:

On Mar 18, 4:26*pm, Billy wrote more BS!

billy, there is a difference between manic and stupid, but boy, you
sure blur those lines often!

Are you one of those agent provocateurs, who is here to direct our
attention away from our "everlasting wars on terror" that squanders half
of the worlds military budget, while supporting over a thousand military
bases around the world? Or are you here to distract us from the mad
use of fossil, or fissionable fuel? Or the oil depletion allowance that
oil companies get, while making more money than god? Or are you here to
distract us from the banditry, and suppression of labor that's going on
in this country? Are you here to keep us from thinking about the
neo-liberal coup that is taking place in this country as I type.

Gunny rages on. In true Gunny behavior, he falsely slandered Bill who
putters, but still hasn't proved his assertions

Gunny, is a useless troll who undermines the values of America
by distracting from the serious discussion of the corporate coup
taking place in America now, along with its phantom posters and lying
corporate media. He could debate that, but he doesn't seem to want to
go there. He wants to do character assassination, not deal in facts.

Gunny tries to block debate, and suppress the presentation of facts that
differ from his own seditious beliefs.

Why are you so UN-American?

Gunny, why do you hate America?

Intercourse him.

------

"Why donıt we say whatıs on the minds of many legal experts? That the
Obama administration is committing war crimes. And if Bush should have
been impeached, Obama should be impeached."
- Ralph Nader
http://www.democracynow.org/2011/3/1...s_peace_activi
sts_risking

And Ralph stated out just wanting a safe car to drive.

"This is a Frontal Assault on Democracy, a Corporate Coup DıEtat"
- Naiomi Klein
http://www.democracynow.org/2011/3/9/naomi_klein_on_anti_union_bills

The nation - the nation is not broke, my friends. There's lots of money
to go around. Lots! Lots! It's just that those in charge have diverted
that wealth into a deep well that sits on their well-guarded estates.
They know - they know that they have committed crimes to make this
happen. And they know - and they know that someday you may want to see
some of that money that used to be yours. So they have bought and paid
for hundreds of politicians across the country to do their bidding for
them. But just in case that doesn't work, they've got their gated
communities. They've got their luxury jet that's always fully fueled,
the engines running, waiting for that day, waiting for that day that
they hope never comes.

To help prevent that day when people, the people, demand their country
back, the wealthy have done two very smart things:

Number one, they control the message. By owning the media, they have
expertly convinced many Americans of few means to buy their version of
the American Dream and vote for their politicians. Their version of the
Dream says that you, too, might be rich some day. This is America, where
anything can happen if you just apply yourself. They have conveniently
provided you with believable examples to show you how a poor boy can
become a rich man, how a guy - how the child of a single mother in
Hawaii can become president of the United States, and how a guy with a
high school education can become a successful filmmaker. They - don't
fall for it! They will play these stories for you over and over and over
again, all day long, so that the last thing you'll want to do is upset
the apple cart, because, yes, you - you, you, too - might be
rich/president/Oscar winner some day. The message, though, is clear:
keep you head down, keep your nose to the grindstone, don't rock the
boat, be sure to vote for the party that protects the rich man that you
might be some day.

And here's the second smart thing the wealthy have done. They've created
a poison pill that they know you will never want to take. It's their
version of mutually assured destruction. And when they threatened to
release this weapon of mass economic annihilation in September of 2008,
we blinked. As the economy and the stock market went into a tailspin and
the banks were caught conducting a worldwide Ponzi scheme, Wall Street
issued this threat: either hand over trillions of dollars from the
American taxpayers, or we will crash this economy straight into the
ground! Crash it straight into the ground! There's a word for that,
isn't there? Terrorism. It's a form of terrorism, isn't it? Fork it
over, or it's goodbye savings accounts. Fork it over, or it's goodbye
pensions. Fork it over, or it's goodbye United States Treasury. Fork it
over, or it's goodbye jobs and homes and future.
- Michael Moore
http://www.democracynow.org/blog/2011/3/7/michael_moore

I was very dismayed that the President, faced with accusations at such a
high level from his assistant secretary for public affairs, rather than
investigating and discovering, as he easily could have, that the
descriptions by Crowleyıs counterpart at the Defense Department, the
public affairs people there, have been totally false and that he has
been misinformed, his‹the Presidentıs reaction was very dismaying. He
was satisfied with having asked the Defense Department whether the
conditions were, quote, "appropriate" and met reasonable standards,
basic standards, and he was assured that they did. It was very like
asking‹President Nixon asking the White House plumbers or his counsel,
John Ehrlichman, "Was it appropriate and did it meet our standards for
you to be burglarizing Daniel Ellsbergıs psychiatrist in Los Angeles?
Did that meet our basic standards?" and when told by Howard Hunt or G.
Gordon Liddy, "Yes, no problem," thatıs the end of that matter. Itıs so
absurd that it really raises very much a question about President
Obamaıs own understanding of the law or willingness to abide by it, in
this case, and not for the first time.
- Daniel Ellsberg
http://www.democracynow.org/2011/3/1...s_peace_activi
sts_risking

Count me among those who were glad to see the documentary ³Inside Job²
win an Oscar. The film reminded us that the financial crisis of 2008,
whose aftereffects are still blighting the lives of millions of
Americans, didnıt just happen ‹ it was made possible by bad behavior on
the part of bankers, regulators and, yes, economists.
- Paul Krugman
Another Inside Job, March 13, 2011

Buried deep beneath the stories about executive bonuses, the stock
market surge and the economyıs agonizingly slow road to recovery is the
all-but-silent suffering of the many millions of Americans who,
economically, are going down for the count.
- BOB HERBERT, At Grave Risk, February 21, 2011

If I'm crazy, I have very good company.

Bush's 3rd term: Obama

=====

======