Old 18-03-2011, 10:27 PM posted to rec.gardens
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default how to make soil amendments without digging up the yard?

Gunner wrote:
songbird wrote:
Gunner wrote:

Â* my searching last night did not find
anything that was worth a mention here.

You might try searching Google Scholar with key words like; Casting
activity - Earthworm number - Mineral fertilizer - Organic manure - pH
- Earthworm biomass - fertilizer materials & earthworm activity,
worm & calcium in soil, etc.

"worms and soil calcium levels" worked ok, but
my connection is slow, so it takes a long time to
bring up most sites.

here is one such experiment I read yesterday when I went to see what
is out the

thanks, i'll have to check that out later
when i get back on-line.

the few places i was able to actually read
articles said that the worm castings were
between 1.5 and 3 times the calcium levels of
the surrounding soil. so that's a pointer in
the right direction.

songbird