Old 20-03-2011, 12:30 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hobden View Post
"If the tree is a fruit tree and you prune it in
accordance with good horticultural practice, or if the tree is a fruit tree
situated in a commercial orchard" you can go ahead without permission.
Personally I would clarify the situation in writing with your Council but
you would need to list the trees and what annual work is needed, a word with
your local Ward Councillor beforehand may help.

Seeing as Council Workers seem to be making a point at the moment,
justifying their jobs by being petty minded, you may well encounter a
problem especially if you don't get things in writing.
If they won't take a sensible view you could/will simply flood them with
paperwork (which they would welcome as justification for their jobs) and
then go ahead after 6 weeks if you haven't heard from them.
I already have it writing, unfortunately.
I also have it writing that they would rather I didn't apply for permission to pick a bay leaf for my rice pudding.