Old 20-03-2011, 01:50 PM posted to rec.gardens
mkr5000 mkr5000 is offline

Default Digging up Hosta roots (but trying not to)

I have an area with Several Hostas that are dormant now and a zillion
daylillies coming up in the same area.

I dug a little and because the lillies are very small right now, seems
the bulbs were pretty easy to dig up.

I'd like to dig up the entire area but fear I may run into my Hostas
-- if I do do you thinks they will be alright if I replant them? Are
Hosta roots pretty obvious when you see them? The lilly bulbs come out
easy -- but I want to keep the hostas in place.