Old 20-03-2011, 12:04 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Growing days.

On Sun, 20 Mar 2011 04:09:11 -0400, "DogDiesel"
wrote:

Growing days.

Is growing days the days from when you plant. Or from when they pop out.

In theory-- from when they are planted. In real life-- growing days
is a wild-assed-guess.

I always planted 3 types of corn. Early-middle-late. I couldn't
always depend on them coming in in that order. My Early Girl
tomatoes are often beaten by other, supposedly longer-growing
varieties.

Radishes are about the only thing that I've seen come close to their
prediction.

Jim