Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
Mads Villadsen

Default Gourami Bubble nest

"Mike" == Mike K writes:

snip

Mike Will a male go through the process of building a nest if there
Mike are no females present in the tank?

Yes - one can always hope that a nice female will just happen to swim
by. Changes in water temperature and food may have something to do
with it as well.

Mike Also, I have no facilities for raising fry if eggs happen to
Mike get laid. Should I just scoop the nest out now or if I let
Mike nature take its course will some fry possibly survive? I
Mike understand that the female will eat the eggs and the male will
Mike eat the fry.

I would just let it all play out, but it is unlikely that you will end
up with any surviving fry.

--
Remove the spam-me-not. to e-mail me