Old 20-03-2011, 03:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Use for dead cordylines

"kay" wrote

Martin Wainwright, Northern editor of the Guardian, has found a new use
for the cordylines which have succumbed to the bad winter:

"I mentioned yesterday that pictures of my debut thatching of a Wendy
house in Bingley with leaves from our stricken Cordyline australis would
be available soon, and here is one. This may become a secondary job in
these straitened times. My wife and I went to a birthday party in
Roundhay yesterday and over the pink buns secured a probable commission
for a second thatch on a neat little tree house with three occasional
residents. We'll be gathering scattered dagger-leaves this evening."

If you gather up a bundle and bind the thick end (tree end) together tightly
they make a good yard brush. With the insertion of wooden broom handle you
could make a good "witches broom" for those leaves on the lawn etc.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden