Old 21-03-2011, 02:32 AM
Jim Meyer Jim Meyer is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJoad View Post
I have all sorts of volunteers growing on my property - privet, fig,
walnut, etc. If I cut them off they just grow back,

After looking online I discover that there are four manufacturers that
are in common use. They are brushgrubber, extractigator, weed wrench
and puller bear.

After seeing it on "Ask This Old House" I had ordered the
brushgrabber.

The brushgrubber does not work. All it does is peel of the bark and
will not grab the trunk. I am sending it back.

Can someone give be some recommendations on the other manufacturers.
I am not talking about large trunks, but up to a maximum of one inch
diameter.

Thank you.
I bought the extractigator seve3ral yars ago and it works quite well. Need to do after some rain to get the whole root out but I have pulled trees with a 3' root in tact. Also get the big foot attachment,