Old 21-03-2011, 11:58 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris French View Post

ISTM, talking to the tree surgeon we used last year, that what the LA
was really bothered about was tree's that are visible publicly, and
contribute to the visual amenity of an area. They don't seem so
interested in tree's hidden away at the back of a property. We had two
tree's felled, some serious cutting back of some other tree's and it
wasn't any issue at all with them.
But presumably you still had to go trough the paperwork of asking to prune?
Is there any way of getting a tree declared permanently as 'not of interest' - I don't want to have to apply every single year to prune my contorted hazel. Don't mind doing it once. Is there any way one can persuade them to say "no we don't want to put a TPO on this, and you don't need to ask us about it in the future"