Old 21-03-2011, 10:35 AM posted to rec.gardens
Cheryl Isaak Cheryl Isaak is offline

Default bouncing a thought off you all

We shred a lot of paper in my household and part of me keeps wondering
if there is something better than just sending it off with the weekly
recycling.

I've added it to the compost bin and to a few holes left by stump
removal with compost and such. While it doesn't break down quickly, it
does rot eventually.

BUT - I was wondering how it would work as a weed suppressing mulch. And
more importantly, if I soaked small batches with coffee grounds and tea
bags if I could make it look better at the same time

Thoughts folks?

Cheryl