Old 21-03-2011, 05:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Roger Tonkin Roger Tonkin is offline

Default Homebase Compost

In Homebase the other day I was tempted by their buy 3 get 4th free
offer of multipurpose compost, 60 litres.

Opening a bag at the weekend, I find it seems to contain lots of thing
wood branches about 5cms long, and 2mm in diameter, lots of matted
material that looks a bit like bark and lots of slivers of what I think
is a soft wood, its white about 1 cm long and between 3 and 5 mm wide.

I can not imagine trying to plant seedling or seeds in such rubbish and
I would take it back if I had the receipt still, and if it were a bit
nearer home.

Beware!

--
Roger T