Old 23-03-2011, 10:54 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Nad R Nad R is offline

Default On Microclimates

Billy wrote:

University of Maryland Study Shows Watching Fox News Makes You Ignorant
A study conducted by the University of Maryland gives credence to the
view that Fox News is anything but, and is really a propaganda machine
meant to further a right wing agenda.

My entire family except me are strong fundamental Christians. I am an
atheist with strong ties to science. Almost everyone in my family believes
in the Ptolemaic system where I believe in the Copernican system. I would
ask them if the Sun was the center of the solar system, they all stated the
earth was the center because they could see the sun move. And the bible
states that the Sun stood still, so how could it be the center if it did
not move. They laugh at me and laugh at the scientific types as being
stupid... It is a sad world... I am also out numbered.

Religious people refuse to believe in global warming, because the bible
states that God would not destroy the earth with water again and refuse to
believe that the poles are melting. They dismiss pollution because they
believe God will create a new planet for them when Jesus Christ returns.

I have two minister nephews that went to Christian universities at have
PHD's in theology and they believe in the crap listed above! They believe
in the literal translation of the bible. They all watch Glen Beck and
believe in the crap he spews. Religious people have no concept of logical
reasoning, they believe in what the religious authorities tell them without
question.

They all belong to the so called "archery" classes. But in reality the
teach kids as young as six years old to use guns. They teach them
propaganda like the government is going to take away their second amendment
rights. The list goes on and they are not the few they are in the many, in
the thousands.

This is one reason why I want to be alone. I cannot stand my family or
others like them.