Old 20-04-2003, 06:17 AM
Dave M. Picklyk

Default should I do c02? Pros, cons. My life story :)

I live in southern BC, Canada. I was wondering where one could access a
really good aquarium plant wholesaler on then net? All of the pet stores
locally charge like 4 times too much and don't keep any popular types in
stock and don't know too much. I've been starting to collect some pictures
of the plants I want:

Smaller Plants:
Water Cabbage
Afzeli Anubias

Medium Plants:
Giant Anubias
Java Fern

Big Plants
Afzeli Anubias
Water Sprite
Amazon Sword

Where could I order these from Canada for great cheap prices?? THANX!!
"LeighMo" wrote in message
If you have more than 3 wpg, you should have CO2, otherwise algae will be

constant plague. You should also plant some fast-growing stem plants,

like
Hygrophila, in addition to the java fern.

A lot of beginners make the mistake of putting massive amounts of light

over
the tank, but no CO2, thinking they can add it later. That's a recipe for
trouble. If you don't want to do both at once, it would be better to add

CO2
first, then upgrade the lighting later.

See this article:

http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/art_plant_newtank.htm

I know you've already set up your tanks, but the article gives you a good
overview of the general principles of running a planted tank.

Leigh