Old 24-03-2011, 03:01 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default On Microclimates

FarmI wrote:
"Nad R" wrote in message

My entire family except me are strong fundamental Christians. I am an
atheist with strong ties to science. Almost everyone in my family
believes in the Ptolemaic system where I believe in the Copernican
system. I would ask them if the Sun was the center of the solar
system, they all stated the
earth was the center because they could see the sun move. And the
bible states that the Sun stood still, so how could it be the center
if it did not move. They laugh at me and laugh at the scientific
types as being stupid... It is a sad world... I am also out numbered.

Religious people refuse to believe in global warming, because the
bible states that God would not destroy the earth with water again
and refuse to believe that the poles are melting. They dismiss
pollution because they believe God will create a new planet for them
when Jesus Christ returns. I have two minister nephews that went to
Christian universities at
have PHD's in theology and they believe in the crap listed above!
They believe in the literal translation of the bible. They all watch
Glen Beck and believe in the crap he spews. Religious people have no
concept of logical reasoning, they believe in what the religious
authorities tell them without
question.

Are you kidding?

Sadly no. The fundamentalist/creationist bible belt of the USA is way
beyond anything that that you or I are likely to meet in the flesh. Think
of the child of Pauline Hanson and Fred Nile on crystal meth. I am not
having a go at religion or Christianity in general but this particular mob
are crazy, ignorant and would love to see the world made into a theocracy,
with them in charge of course - Christian Taliban.

We are way OT so I think I will stop now.