Old 24-03-2011, 11:25 AM
johnmerrick johnmerrick is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmerrick View Post
I have the odd weed here and there also coming through. Is there anything I can buy to kill the weeds and also feed the baby grass? A weed and feed that won't harm the new grass?

I sowed the seed 3 weeks ago and it's all coming through beautifully (loads of prep went in!) but i don't want to be standing on the baby grass to hoe the weeds out. Or should I just get on there quickly and hoe them?

thanks
I have decided to leave any weeds and remove when the new grass is fully established.

However, i think there has been an animal of some sort walking on the grass and some of the roots have become exposed. I have dropped a bit of compost on them to protect them (hopefully!). will this work or should i have just waited to see if it continues to grow?

thanks