Old 24-03-2011, 01:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Creative ideas for wall

On 24/03/2011 10:32, Richard wrote:
I'm going to put up a 1.2m high by 7.5m long wall at the back of the
garden. I'm going to use regular-sized house brick for the face of the
wall. I've not chose the brick style yet.

I was thinking about putting brick lights in every so often.

Anyone any creative ideas so I don't end up with a boring wall? Thanks.

It depends how you want to use that area of the garden, but you may wish
to consider building a raised pond area in front of the wall with wide
copingstones which could be used as a sitting area. If so, you would
need to build in the appropriate plumbing and wiring/solar panel for,
say, a wall fountain, which would introduce sound into the garden.

If you just want a wall, more or less, look out for interesting
terracotta tiles or paving with an interesting pattern or raised
ornamentation. Bricks lights, as you say, may be good or you could
replace an entire brick course with those chunky glass bricks. A lot
depends on the style of your house and garden.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London