Old 24-03-2011, 04:06 PM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Oxford View Post
I wonder if anybody could be so kind as to advise me is it possible to plant a low hedge of magnolia shrubs, low growing, no more than say, 3 - 4 feet high? If it is possible, what cultivar would one recommend? And at what planting distance?

Also when is the right time to plant? Many thanks
Seems like a poor idea. I'm not aware of any varieties naturally that small, so they'd have to be maintained by pruning. But you tend to lose next years flowers on bits that you prune. Also, they have an open form, which is unsuitable for hedging. Also, they are expensive plants.