Old 24-03-2011, 11:09 PM posted to rec.gardens
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Apple trees!

Hi Tomj, This is a very old message. 9 April 2010.

It's a followup to one sent 24 October 2009 when I planted these 2 trees.
"I just planted 2. One is a Yellow Delicious semi-dwarf and the other is
a Granny Smith. They are about 15 ft apart."

Followup, it is now spring 2011 and they are busting loose. Little buds of
leaves everywhere and you can see the initial stages of flowers inside
wanting to come out. The smaller one seems to have hit it's stride. I'm
pretty sure I need to nip off at least some of the apples still, but it
should be ok this year to let a few develop.

Any advice on how many? The Granny smith is bow about 7.5 ft tall and the
Golden Delicious is about 6ft. I don't expect to get eating apples this
year either. Squirrels will get'em but it's just gonna be fun to watch'em
while they last (grin).