Old 25-03-2011, 09:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Creative ideas for wall

Baz wrote:

IMO, and as someone who has experience with fashions/fads within the
building/construction industry, it is always better to go with classic
architecture. A solid brick wall with the same course and brick type will
always look good.

Which reminds me to comment on this recently built front garden
wall which seems quite out of scale for its position:

http://tinyurl.com/63q5nq3

Clearly built as a planter, though even now not much "softened by
the planting". It reminds me of the sort of thing that would be
constructed to deflect car-bombers outside embassies.

The property to the left has a cottage-garden feel, and always
has something of interest to see.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK