Old 25-03-2011, 06:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Training holly around window

In article 0b229ba6-1efd-4746-9ae0-73c438e49045
@l18g2000yqm.googlegroups.com, says...

On Mar 24, 9:56*pm, Ian Waddell wrote:
I have bought 7 holly bushes that I want to train against a wall,
below a window, but with the plants at the end being trained up the
wall alongside the window - and with time, try to get them to then
grow along the top of the window. *So the end result will be a window
in the middle of a holly bush. *I have seen this at a house near me -
but have no idea how they achieved this. *How do I get started?

Regards,

Ian

I hope you're prepared to wait a while. Holly doesn't like being
transplanted and is quite slow growing.

Hollies grown in a pot don't care about transplanting and once
established can easily make 1ft of new growth p.a in all directions.

Janet