Old 25-03-2011, 10:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default What should I pay (nephew) per metre of wall?

On Mar 25, 7:18*pm, "'Mike'" wrote:
"Richard" wrote in message

On 25/03/2011 19:13, Janet wrote:
In , says...

My nephew has worked at landscaping.

* * Landscaping is not bricklaying

I think he would know what he is
doing. He is honest.

* * If he's experienced and honest, I'm surprised you didn't ask him what
the labout costs would be.

* * Janet

If one Nephew can build a 1.2m high by 7.5m long retaining wall for
£150 then .....
A. how much will it cost to have 2 nephews Build the same wall?
B. How much will it cost to have 2 strangers build the wall?
C. How much tea will they dring at 1 mug per person per hour?

He's your nephew, if you trust him pay him a fair rate for the job,
it's not much of a job 4ft high and just under 24 ft long,
as for the retaining wall, made of block I presume, Single block will
do the job if you are not trying to hold a mountain back, set the
first course on the wet concrete making up the footings.
Remember if anything goes wrong you know where he lives, no having to
try to track down some one you don't know.