Old 25-03-2011, 11:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle[_1_] Mike Lyle[_1_] is offline
Registered User

Default What sort of gravel to use for landscaping my mother's yard?

On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 20:29:44 +0000, seanspotatobiz
wrote:

Last summer I built a small deck in my mother's yard and this summer I
want to finish fixing the render on some of the walls (not shown) and
re-whitewash the other walls (shown). Given the whitewashed walls and
the colour of the deckboards, what sort and colour ought the gravel to
be? The gravel will cover the rest of the yard and I'll build planters
out of the left over deck boards.

I think gravel (and any garden stone) should look as local as
possible. On that principle, I'd pick a colour like that of the soil
or stone found in the area, rather than to resemble the wood or any
paintwork.

--
Mike.