Old 26-03-2011, 11:35 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default On Microclimates

In article ,
Nad R wrote:

Nad R wrote:
Billy wrote:
In article ,
Nad R wrote:

In my argumentation I think I stated in the last millennia, one thousand
years, global warming was not to be found. I admit millions of years ago
global warming occurred as the earth was still forming and dinosaurs were
roaming around. Doug was indicating in recent history of the "recent" ice
ages was followed by global warming a higher than normal temperature. I
view which I reject.

Also to me, "facts are not all there" seems to have the same meaning as
"absence of objective proof". Are we going to be splitting hairs over this
seemingly same definition

To my ear "facts are not all there" implies the existence of facts not
put into evidence.

Correct! in my book of philosophy. I believe in evolution of man even
though all the facts are not there. Someday the facts may be there. If a
system has contradictions I will dismiss the theory as false. I believe all
religions have contradictions therefore a false belief. I know for others,
contradictions in a belief system does not matter.

The last "ice age" (not counting the movie) was 11,000 years ago. We are
in an "inter glacial period at present (The Holocene). The "mini ice
age" from 1000 CE to 1450 CE was a small change unless you lived in
Iceland, where even the Inuit were having a hard time of it.

I am not positive however I am not sure but was the ice age, 11,000 years
ago caused by a super volcano or meteor impact, rather than the Sun. I am
fairly certain the mini ice ages was caused by volcanos. I know the sun has
a cycle every eleven years for sun spots. Not sure about long term
temperatures. The earths magnetic field can flip flop changing the
environment, but no sure about its effect on temperature.

I imagine when the Sun turns into a red giant in a billion years the Earth
will warm up a whole lot.

Garden center today had some great spring sales today, free hotdogs, donuts
and coffee. Soon to enjoyment comes.

I was very tired when I wrote that last posting. I am going to take a nap
and hope the fogginess of the mind goes away. It was a bit gibberish.

I'm a big fan of siestas :O)
--
---------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYIC0eZYEtI