Old 27-03-2011, 10:17 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Doug Freyburger Doug Freyburger is offline

Default On Microclimates

Nad R wrote:

I believe in evolution of man even though all the facts are not there.

Genetic engineering and DNA sequencing are facts. The current model for
human evolution is a best guess based on current evidence and that will
certainly change as new evidence is uncovered. What will not change is
the chemical basis for evolution - inheritance and breeding both of
which are statistical in nature. There will be change in a lot of the
details in our understanding of genetics (RNA activity, protein folding,
all sorts of stuff) but not how basic DNA-RNA-protein works and not
how DNA encodes the next generation and not statistical population
models.

I believe all
religions have contradictions therefore a false belief.

Based on your experience with one religion and your having been poisoned
by it. Check. You are going to believe that all religions are alike
and that's that. Doesn't really matter as religion is optional in
civilized society.

I am not positive however I am not sure but was the ice age, 11,000 years
ago caused by a super volcano or meteor impact, rather than the Sun. I am
fairly certain the mini ice ages was caused by volcanos.

There have been a lot of cycles of ice ages and warm ages in
geologically recent past. Those are too evenly repeated to have
volcanic causes. The "little ice age" could easily have had a volcanic
cause.

Garden center today had some great spring sales today, free hotdogs, donuts
and coffee. Soon to enjoyment comes.

Today they had a type of bromeliad I had not seen before. Flattened red
leaves that looked like a hand sticking up out of the main green leaves.