Old 28-03-2011, 02:36 AM posted to rec.gardens
Puddin' Man Puddin' Man is offline

Default Robin nesting in tricky spot

It's weird. Last spring the robin drug a bunch of stuff like excelsior
to build a nest on top of the exterior light by my front door. Then she
changed her mind (always a woman's prerogative), picked it all up,
and built a nest across the street in a neighbors window sill. Did OK
there, as far as I know.

This year she's back, and she's built it, and she's nesting in it. She
doesn't even have enough room to turn around unless she cocks her
tail straight up vertically.

I'm not gonna bother her, and I doubt the mailman will interfere, but
there have to be other possibilities. I live in a densely populated
big city in the midwest US.

Any suggestions? Should I leave her be? Try to protect her (how?)?
Etc, etc.

Thx,