Old 28-03-2011, 11:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Eddy Eddy is offline

Default Thick rapid-growing alpine evergreen climber?

kay wrote:
I(vies will do it, but you have to be patient. Like most plants, they
start by getting their roots down well - they can't support a lot of top
growth without good roots. So you'll have a year or two of not much
growth, then a couple of years when it's doing the job exactly as you
ask, and thereafter you'll be cutting back about 12 ft of extra growth
every year.

Ivy will "take to" anything. It'll basically grow up and over anything
in its path.

Many thanks, Kay.

Well, that's it then, I'm going to order some well-developed "Paddy's
Pride" ivy and some "Lonicera Henryi" honeysuckle pronto.

Eddy.