Old 28-03-2011, 01:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Eddy Eddy is offline

Default Thick rapid-growing alpine evergreen climber?

Sacha wrote:
Oh, shame - I rather liked my idea. ;-)

Oh, it's a very nice idea, Sacha - it's just that if the piece were to
be impressive one would have to contract a good artist and if one
contracted a good artist one would want him or her to create something
better than just more of the sheep, grass, sky and clouds that we have
so much of round here! :-)

Actually we have a friend in Paris who is a professional trompe l'oeil
artist. He does clever things for rich Parisians. I suspect he would
be amused to be asked to whip up a few sheep to match the ones in our
our fields!

But the tragic thing is that with all the rain and cold we have here in
Britain his masterwork (and our payment) would certainly not be a good
investment, no matter how many the number of layers of marine-quality
varnish!

So here's hoping the honeysuckle and ivy I've just ordered will hide
that wretched gas tank!

Eddy.