Old 28-03-2011, 03:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat shazzbat is offline

Default Raised vegetable patch advice

"lemmy" wrote in message

BTW, sand and clay are opposite ends of the spectrum. It can't be
both.

The sand comes from the building work and is totally mixed in with the
clay.

Thanks for the thoughts - we've dosed the soil up with compost etc and
the problem remains. I have a feeling that the problem is as Harry
says, a lack of sunlight.

What's the status of that tree we can just see the bottom of? If that's
alive and growing, it's roots are going to be taking all the water and
nutrients. Plus of course its foliage overshadowing the plot.

Steve