Old 29-03-2011, 04:57 PM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Tonkin View Post
What with warms days, cold nights, no rain things are crazy.
It's worryingly similar to March 2003, which, at least in our neck of the woods, was followed by some very sharp frosts in the second week of April (with daytime temps up to 20C under clear blue skies), which were horribly damaging so late in the season when the plants were out of dormancy, and fruit trees were in flower. The other worrying thing is that in 2003, where I lived, we didn't get any significant rain for 7 months from mid March to mid October. There were summer downpours, but they all missed us, on one occasion by about 400yds.