Old 29-03-2011, 09:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gary Woods Gary Woods is offline

Default hi im new and need help!

"MuddyMike" wrote:

Ignore him, sadly some sad individuals seem to think you need perfect
grammar to be a gardener.

I'm in the (long) process of reading Samuel Clemens' autobiography. In a
number of places, he rails against standardized, rigid "book spelling," and
speaks highly of folk who can take the art of spelling to new creative
heights. We colonials even have our own dictionaries, since you folk can't
even spell "civilization" correctly!

Garden content: I've been cleaning seeds, which I should have been done in
the depths of winter. I believe I could plant enough Swiss Chard for all
of the northeastern U.S. If I could get past the snow still covering the
plot!