Old 20-04-2003, 06:20 AM
Sushil Prasad

Default Gourami Bubble nest (gone bad)

Are you sure you have female gourami in your tank. Female gourami are not
very colorful (usually grey in color) and they are usually not sold because
of its dull color. It is common for male to build bubble nest even if there
is no female.

"Mike K" wrote in message
in article , Victor M. Martinez at
wrote on 1/13/03 10:14 AM:

Unless you like conflict, I would remove the nest. Gouramis get very
territorial and aggresive when protecting a bubble nest.

Oh well, I got home from work today and one of the blue dwarfs was dead. I
can only assume something went awry with the flame defending his nest. All
other fish seem happy and healthy. Bubble nest was promptly removed and
flame was made to sit in the corner with no supper. :-(

I'm going to be planting another thick stand of wisteria in the other

corner
to give all (hopefully) gouramis lots of plants to claim their own
territories. There's a nice thicket of Hygro that seems to be the favorite
hangout of the golds. The two golds are nice and peaceful. They chum

around
together all the time like best buds.