Old 29-03-2011, 11:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default A strange Spring

Martin wrote:
Vegetarian jelly exists
http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/food/just-wh...stals/1269203/

It does, there are even a couple of different types. Agar-agar and
caraggean are, iirc, both seaweed based. You can also get a cornstarch
based one which is used as quick setting jelly that you are meant to use in
flans.

Unfortunately* none of them are quite the same texture or insane flavours as
the meaty version.

(Speaking of insane flavours - anyone heard the Dylan Moran quote along the
lines of "in the 80s we didn't eat food unless it glowed in the dark!!" -
reminds me of a brand of jelly in the mid-80swhich didn't flourescent
colours, including dayglo blue)